As an Associate Project Manager, you will:
- Lead a fast paced agile development team with sprint deliverables.
- Analyze and understand the requirements for new features, enhancements and change requests.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Lead daily project syncup, ensure that project delivery is tracking ontime and mitigate blockers with the team.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Efficiently manage production incidents with timely resolution and respond/ report back to the Customer Success team.
- Maintain daily project burn analysis
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Keep delivery leadership informed with project status, risks and issues
- Work with the project team to identify risks, plan for risk response and mitigation.
- Provide project metrics and other reports/ status updates in a timely manner to all key stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information technology or management
- 2+ years of managing software development projects using agile (scrum, kanban etc.) in a project management/ scrum master role.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, quality assurance test methodologies and experience in defect management
- A Certified scrum master
- Hands on experience with project management tools (Jira, Confluence, MS Project etc.)
- Ability to listen, comprehend, negotiate and disseminate information appropriately
- Ability to maintain project data for the purpose of effective project communication, sound problem solving and eventual retrieval.
- Ability to seek out information, logically troubleshoot and/ or escalate with relevant parties for the purpose of solving issues quickly
- Identify potential issues in advance, and implement measures to mitigate and manage risks.
- Conduct post implementation reviews and communicate lessons learned to the team members.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on company needs.
- Ability work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and people skills.
Come join our engineering team at Velou as we put intelligent technologies to use and a build best-in-class solution.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com and quote “Associate Project Manager” in the subject line.
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: November 25, 2022